Do you ever feel trapped at home wondering if there is more? What if I told you, it was possible to turn that thing you love so much & that you have always done for free to a business?
The key to living a more fulfilling life is to go after your passions and turn it into that which can change our World!
Becoming an entrepreneur is not for everyone. There are many obstacles between you and your dreams, including coming up with the willpower to get started on your business idea, the confidence to get through multiple mishaps, and devoting many hours of hard work to building your vision.
Being an entrepreneur is hard work and can be disheartening at times – but owning your business can be a very fulfilling and freeing experience.
Here are 5 steps to turn that hobby into a business starting today!
- Find your calling. You could base your business on a talent you have, a hobby you love, or your desire to make a difference in people’s lives.
What is that one thing you love doing?
What are people constantly asking you to help them do and you do it without thinking twice?
- There is a popular belief that it takes 10,000 hours of work before one can be considered an expert in any field. This belief may not be true, but it shows that expertise requires time and hard work and if you look closely, you may find that you have already done more than half of this time without any reward.
- Register your business and apply for necessary licenses.
Registering your home business is a very simple process.
- All you need to do is register your business name through your local business agency or by simply getting a lawyer to help with the process. Be sure to find out the local laws that apply to you.
- You will also have to register your business through required state agencies.
Applying for licenses is necessary if your field is regulated – for instance, if you prepare food, work with dangerous chemicals, or provide services that require special qualifications such as legal advice or accounting. Ensuring you have the necessary documents to start lays a great foundation for your business to thrive.
- Create your business plan.
Creating a business plan is a systematic process that provides a blueprint for your business and will help you see things in the right perspective.
It doesn’t have to be super fancy and there are free templates online to help you get started but be sure to answer some key questions to ensure you are getting off on the right foot
- Start by explaining what the purpose of your business is and how you’ll achieve it.
- Explain what kind of products you want to sell or list the services you’ll be providing.
- Define your target audience in as many details as possible. (Who needs your service?)
- Create an outline for your marketing strategy and include your expected prices as well as how much profit you expect to generate. ( Platforms you want to leverage for visibility etc)
- Explore your financing options. Go over your budget and business plan carefully to assess how much money you require.
- Look for investors among your friends and relatives if you don’t have access to ready capital.
But don’t let this discourage you as there are many success stories today that were birth from the need to solve a problem first and the capital needed showed up on the way.
I remember when I started Live Streaming in 2015. I had zero capital. Just my smart phone and internet connection.
I showed up consistently sharing stories about my life and one day, I got a message, and it was from someone asking how much I charge to teach all I know.
That changed everything for me and the rest they say is History!
Do not let your heart faint, be willing to start small and watch this baby grow.
- Get to work!
Becoming a successful home business owner requires time, hard work, and real dedication.
- Besides spending some time on developing your products or services, promoting your business, and providing excellent customer service, it’s also important to work on acquiring more skills that will help you become a better business owner.
The best way to launch your business and achieve financial stability is to put together a detailed plan with a series of small, manageable steps that will lead you to your goals.
Use these five steps as a launch pad to birth that business and it will amaze you how that hobby changed our world for good.
If you are a stay-at-home Mum and you would love the option of building a Global Business working from the comfort of your home and owing your own E-commerce store without the hassle of setting up, sourcing for products, delivery, and inventory management…I believe, I found a better way.
Want to know more? WATCH THIS.
GO! SPARKLE YOUR WORLD.